Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Back to the painting board!

Well you can thank my friend for getting me back into warhammer 40k. Not even sure if he has touched his minis since we first bought them a few weeks ago... Oh well, mine are getting their worth! I have finished painting 4 Tau Fire Warriors so far and one of the gun drones it comes with:


The first took me about 4 hours, then 5... by the fourth I finally got down to a decent time at 2 hours. They came out pretty good if I say so myself! I want to call them 'tabletop quality', but I'll leave that up to you guys :P.

After them I decided to make a little assembly line since besides the legs and arms, the rest of every tau is basically the same. So I went through the process of getting the last 8 bodies, backpacks, heads and grenades done :) :





So I hope to complete the rest of the squad this week, I have to strip some older minis first since the legs that came with this set are just horrible quality -.- flat leg armor, no details, just horrible. So once I strip that paint and give a light prime I'll get those legs done! In the meantime I'll probably start the arms tomorrow and begin to glue some of the parts together. My only question remaining is how I want to base these things... They are a sa'cea sept color scheme and I'd like to imagine them as a bit more mountainous. Maybe some gravel and ruins? I'll have to see.

Oh! and here's my little mobile painting station:



Until next time hope you enjoy the minis! Here's a final upclose shot of my favorite so far, "Blue Eyes" :)




No comments:

Post a Comment