Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cause I'm one step closer to the end

Sung some linkin park today in between work and band practice, hoping my tribute band plays again soon, I've been itching to perform more haha. In other news! The army is getting close to completion! Well the 750pt mark that is. I just need to order another crises suit and then a commander suit (decided upon a forge world model for this one) and I'll officially have my first army! Probably not any good, but an army nonetheless.

Excitement began coming home to these!


Looks good with the rest of the cadre right? I also assembled the gun drones for the piranha. I had to glue their legs a bit more and touch up a few things (like painting over some parts to better fit my scheme, bolts gold etc) but all in all very happy with my purchase!

As the night went on I actually ended up finishing up the piranha as well while waiting for GTA V to install :) which means I may not be painting for a bit x) At least until I pick up another suit :P I plan on actually trying to play the warhammer game soon though and have been looking up the rules and watching videos on the phases. I already have a shit ton of 6 sided dice from playing magic the gathering (GOOO CHAMPION OF THE PARISH!!!) so I really just need the templates now and my friend to finish up his damn blood angels already -.- At least he actually is getting into painting now since he figured out the chapter he finally wanted to do. It was his birthday yesterday so I'll probably pick him up an assault marine box when we chill and visit our LGS later on today. Until then here's the finished piranha and the cadre as a whole!





As a final note: Now that I see the piranha finished, I would totally paint bigger models by hand again. It was actually pretty fun! A bit tougher, but once it was finally done it looked amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment