Wednesday, October 2, 2013

They come from the mist

The stealth suits are done! Once I begin the basing part of my miniatures I'll add the stealth effect into snow, but for now I'm quite happy with how they came out! All that's left for them is the markerlight drone and the bit that I believe is their stealth field generator.



 Surprisingly the hardest part was just keeping my hand from jittering and painting outside the lines. Compared to the Fire Warriors, the armor on these guys was made to be painted! Perfectly detailed and big enough where you didn't have to squint to paint clean and avoid filling up the detail lines. Overall I am very happy with the outcome :)



To differentiate the Shas'vre from the rest of the squad I highlighted his left side with a lighter shade of blue-grey along with painting his tau symbol orange. In person these guys have a nice deep blue hue to them.





When it comes to them with the rest of the army I was just as glad as well! Fitting perfect with the color of the current squad!


Well that's it for this post! I spent the last few hours painting those stealth suits from black to complete so I'm quite tired :P The broadsides should be in next week, but I'll complete the markerlight drone and the stealth generator before then hopefully. Maybe even begin the crises suit... I DO want to magnetize that one though for sure, so I'll be watching a lot of youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment